Why should I join BAP?
As a member of the Zeta Gamma chapter of Beta Alpha Psi, you will have the opportunity to meet fellow Accounting majors—people whom you may be in a position to hire one day or work alongside in the future.
- Membership in BAP is a fantastic addition to your resume.
- Opportunity to network with professionals after every meeting (with free pizza).
- Valuable professional skills developed through Mock Interviews, networking conversations, and access to chapter resources.
- Opportunities for leadership and professional development activities including Competition Team, Chapter Operations Presentations, and Project Run With It.
- Weekly presentations by public accounting firms and industry professionals.
- Long-lasting relationships with accounting faculty and with other accounting students developed through membership.
- Opportunity to run for an officer position starting at the end of your final semester of candidacy.
- Opportunities to attend regional and national BAP meetings.
- Intrinsic value of community outreach through volunteer service activities.
- BAP is highly regarded in the accounting community.
Why Wait? BAP Members in the business world!
How to Become a Candidate
Candidates for membership in the Zeta Gamma Chapter must meet the following requirements:
1. Declare a major in accounting (or have stated an intention to do so).
2. Be enrolled in Principles of Accounting II for Accounting Majors (ACTG 2125), Financial Accounting Application & Analysis (ACTG 3100), Intermediate I (ACTG 3110), or a course that follows Intermediate I
3. Meet ONE of the following GPA requirements:
a) Have attained a cumulative GPA (including transfer hours) of 3.0 or higher
b) Have attained at least a 3.25 cumulative grade average on the most recent 15 semester hours
4. Complete/submit the following to a Faculty Advisor by September 30 for Fall semester candidates or February 28 for Spring semester candidates:
a) Candidate Information Sheet
b) Candidate dues of $120 (click here to pay)
c) Copy of MTSU unofficial transcript with your name on it
From Candidate to Member
Requirements to Become a Member
In order to become a Member, a Candidate must complete the following requirements for each semester of Candidacy:
1. Complete Faculty Signature Sheet and submit to the Faculty Advisor by University study day during the first semester of Candidacy.
2. Earn a minimum of 8 professional hours (480 minutes) during the semester of candidacy, of which, 3 professional hours (180 minutes) must be obtained by attending at least 3 in-person weekly professional meetings. The Faculty Advisor has the right to waive the in-person professional meeting requirement for student(s) with extenuating circumstances.
Earn a minimum of 8 service hours (480 minutes) during the semester of candidacy
4. Complete Financial Accounting Application & Analysis or Intermediate I during or prior to semester of candidacy
5. Earn a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA in upper-level accounting classes
6. Meet one of the following GPA requirements:
(a) A cumulative GPA (including transfer hours) of 3.0 or higher
(b) A cumulative GPA of at least 3.25 on the most recently completed 30 semester hours
** Candidates in Principals of Accounting II must complete two semesters of candidacy.
Maintaining Active Membership
Requirements to Maintain Active Membership
Continued participation in chapter activities is essential for both the chapter’s growth and each student’s professional development. Requirements for active membership status are as follows:
• Earn a minimum of 8 professional hours (480 minutes) each semester of membership, of which, 3 professional hours (180 minutes) must be obtained by attending at least 3 in-person weekly professional meetings. The Faculty Advisor has the right to waive the in-person professional meeting requirement for student(s) with extenuating circumstances.
• Earn a minimum of 8 service hours (480 minutes) each semester of membership